As a teenager, if a stranger walks in your room and thinks that you are still a kid instead of a teen, then it is probably the time to redo your room. However, derevamping the room might be an expensive affair as well as a difficult task to convince your parents for the same. Here are tips to help you get going:
1. Decide the color scheme or pattern that you want. Here, you probably should limit yourself to four different colors or more creative wall paper. If you wish to go for zebra stripes, then it is good to think about two more shades to complement the zebra stripes. For instance, zebra stripes with silver and pink is a deadly combo.
2. When looking for bedspreads, I would suggest starting with cheap home improvement stores. If stuck between numerous bedspreads, then compare them on the basis of price and quality. Note that a new bedspread should come with pillowcases and sheets.
3. Another excellent suggestion for a harmonized look is to have a shag rug for your room, which complements well with the wall color and bedspread. Shag rugs are perfect home decor stuffs that provide optimum comfort to the feet as well as render a stylish appearance to your room.
4. Apart from shag rugs, I prefer going for window blinds for creating a perfect harmony between my flooring, walls and other decorative stuffs in the room. Never hesitate when playing with your creative instincts. Instead, let the creative juices flowing out of your brains.
5. Decide the furniture items and pieces that you wish to keep and those that you wish to get rid of. A pocket-friendly here is to repaint the old furniture items if you do not want to splurge on buying new ones. However, in case of getting new furniture pieces, make sure that you do not end up cluttering the space by scattering these pieces haphazardly.
6. Accessorize in a stylish way. So you have roped in the preferred furniture, bed and wall color, but your room still appears dull or lifeless. This is something that you would not appreciate. Thus, you need to accessorize the room instinctively. For instance, consider splattering some colorful throw pillows on that couch or place some nice candleholders and wall pictures. In fact, there are loads of cute stuffs out there to accessorize a room today.
7. Everyone loves an organized space, be it an office or home. Thus, make sure to clean any clutter from those drawers and shelves there. Also, organize your wardrobe and maintain it on a regular basis.
Culled from: totallyhomeimprovement.com